If you have any questions about course registration, joining courses via zoom, or our current course listings, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other questions regarding site navigation, course groups, and other technology question, please feel free to send me a message; I would be happy to help.
Please also refer to our Zoom support guide below:
Zoom is a remote conferencing service that allows users to log in from their computers or smart phones for video conferencing, or to dial in using your telephone for audio calls.
Step One: Downloading Zoom
To log onto Zoom calls, you first have to have the Zoom app downloaded and installed on your computer or smartphone.
For Your Computer:
- The first thing you need to do is to download the Zoom app to your computer. Go to www.zoom.us/download, and click on the “download” button. The download should begin automatically.
- Once the download is complete, open the file and follow instructions to install it onto your computer.
For Your Smartphone:
- Open your Google Play Store for Android phones, or your Apple App Store on iPhones.
- Search for “ZOOM Cloud Meetings” and download it onto your phone.
Step Two: Logging On
When it is time for our call, follow these instructions to jump on!
From Your Computer or Smartphone
- Your host should have sent you a Zoom link. It should look something like https://zoom.us/j/1234567890. Simply click on the link, or copy and paste it into the address bar of your internet browser. If a button appears that asks you if you want to open the Zoom app, click yes.
Calling in Without Using the App
- Your host may have also sent you a call-in number to dial into. You
can find your local dial-in number by going to https://zoom.us/u/abCkJeKbKa.
You will be asked to enter your meeting ID. This is a 10-digit number that your host should have sent to you. It is the same 10-digits that follows the https://zoom.us/j/ in the video link, followed by the “#” symbol.