Introductory – Level 100 – Open to All
Dates and Times
Monday-Friday, October 3rd-20th (10:00-10:30 AM PST)
Have you ever wondered how to make your professional life your spiritual path?
This immersive 14-Day Intensive inspires participants to take a current challenge, whether it be a personal or professional, and to see its obstacles more clearly.
As this clarity develops, we begin to dissolve unhelpful habits and begin to cultivate awareness, concentration and energy in our daily experience.
As these qualities are embodied participants begin to live a richer, more meaningful life. Work life balance becomes natural as focus improves and a sense of purpose strengthens. Individuals may be more motivated to engage fully, find deeper meaning in their tasks, and foster a greater sense of connection to others with their actions.
The Intensive is led by Wangmo Dixey, Executive Director of Dharma College who uses her daily life and work as her spiritual practice. She has lots of insights and examples to share and lead with in the class.
Here are some of the key areas we will touch on over 14 days (just 30 minutes a day – we do not meet on weekends):
- Identify the challenge: Participants are encouraged to identify challenges, both personal and professional, that they are facing. This is the first step towards self-awareness and growth.
- Awakening Awareness: By starting to tune into awareness, individuals can become more aware of their thoughts, emotions, and actions, which can lead to better decision-making and a deeper understanding of themselves.
- Strengthening Concentration: Concentration involves focusing one’s attention and energy on a specific task or goal. Developing concentration can lead to increased productivity, improved problem-solving skills, and a greater sense of accomplishment.
- Energy Management: Managing one’s energy involves understanding how to allocate and replenish personal energy throughout the day. This includes physical, mental, and emotional energy. By managing energy effectively, individuals can maintain a higher level of performance and overall well-being.
- Embodying Skillful Means: This refers to using effective and wise methods to address challenges and achieve goals. It involves applying insights and techniques learned from mindfulness and other practices to navigate various situations skillfully. We can use our skillful means by using work as our spiritual practice.
- Work-Life Balance: Achieving a healthy balance between work and personal life is essential for overall well-being. By incorporating spiritual practices and mindful awareness, individuals may be better equipped to manage their time, reduce stress, and prioritize what truly matters.
- Richer and More Meaningful Life: The integration of awareness, concentration and positive energy into daily life can lead to a deeper sense of purpose, fulfillment, and satisfaction. It encourages individuals to find meaning in their actions and relationships.
This integration can lead to personal growth, improved relationships, and a more balanced and meaningful existence.
We will meet every day (Monday-Friday) for just 30 minutes using our Skillful Means manual to focus on a daily meditation practice and exercise for the day. The weekend exercises will be covered every Friday. Students are encouraged to read Skillful Means: Patterns of Success and Mastering Successful Work which can be found in our Lotus Bookstore.
1. Establishing a Balanced Relationship to Our Time
2. Strengthening Concentration In a Daily Habit
3. Inspire the Positive into Our Daily Life
4. Integrating Work Life Balance into Accomplishment